You are here
Job Title: CNC Turner
Division: Dawson Downie Lamont
Hours of Work: Full-time: 37 hours Day Shift (some flexibility required)
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
We have an exciting opportunity for a CNC Turner to join our team and learn new skills and experience whilst enhancing those already attained. The role demands accuracy, diligence, resilience and would suit a self-motivated individual.
Dawson Downie Lamont design and manufacture Reciprocating Pumps in accordance with API 674 Hydraulic Institute Standard for oil & gas, petrochemical and marine industries worldwide.
The company itself is over 100 years old and are also one of only a few companies worldwide that specialize in the manufacture of Direct Acting Steam / Gas Driven Reciprocating Pumps. We are very proud of who we are and our reputation worldwide.
Due to current success in securing orders, we are currently looking to recruit a CNC Turner to join our team at our Glenrothes facility. A market competitive wage will be offered depending on experience. Benefits of employment include 33 days holiday per year on a pro-rata basis (including public holidays), an employer pension contribution of 5% of salary and life assurance.
Outline of Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will need to be able to plan, develop and implement production department policies and goals in line with company business plan and group objectives. A competitive wage will be paid. To assist in the production of components to customer specifications, an individual will need to:
- To set, operate and program the CNC control system.
- Contribute to continuously improve productivity & efficiency.
- Contribute to LEAN manufacturing ethos of good housekeeping principles.
- Ensure components are correctly identified and that traceability is maintained throughout the entire process.
- Ensure all product is correct to specification and work is carried out in an efficient and effective manner as per company procedures.
- Ensure maximum productivity & adhere to Health & Safety procedures.
- Be proactive and able to identify production related issues.
Required Skills and Experience
A successful candidate shall need to be able to demonstrate that they have the skills and experience to be:
- Time served CNC Turner.
- Able to use the Fanuc control systems.
- Able to read and understand manufacturing drawings.
- Computer literate.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to adapt to different situations which may require flexibility on working hours.
- Able to be proactive, problem solve and coordinate the flow of components through the department efficiently and effectively.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Ensuring best works practices are employed.
- Ensure departmental policies on Health and Safety and Tooling are being adhered to.
- Promote company values at all times.
- Assist in training where and when necessary.
- To ensure that customer requirements are being met.
If you wish to apply for this position, or know someone who would, please send your CV and any other additional information to HR either by post to FTV Proclad International Ltd, Viewfield Industrial Estate, Glenrothes, Fife, KY6 2RD, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for this vacancy is 30th June 2022. This is a direct applicant role, Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this position.