Job Title: General Manager
Reporting to: UK Managing Director
Division: Dawson Downie Lamont Pumps & Spares
Hours of Work: Full-time/Permanent
Salary & Benefits: £DOE - Please state salary expectation when applying – excellent benefits package
Direct applicants and Recruitment Agencies are welcome to apply for this position.
Dawson Downie Lamont design and manufacture Reciprocating Pumps in accordance with API 674 and the Hydraulic Institute Standard for the oil & gas, petrochemical and marine industries worldwide.
The company itself is over 100 years old and are also one of only a few companies worldwide that specialise in the manufacture of Direct Acting Steam / Gas Driven Reciprocating Pumps. We’re very proud of who we are and our reputation worldwide and looking for someone dynamic who can continue to grow the business and the support, motivate and manage the people who make it a success.
We’re looking for someone who is able to work at a senior level, make decisions and convert the business strategy and goals to actual achievements and ready to roll up their sleeves and get the job done as required. The role may require travel outside of the UK to forge new business deals and manage and maintain the relationships forged with current customers.
The role has full site P&L and budgetary responsibility and would suit a self-motivated, solutions focused, target driven and resilient individual.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (not restricted to)
- Accountable for ensuring all business areas under their remit meet the required standards, targets and deliver first class performance to meet and exceed customer demand and expectations.
- Full financial P&L and working capital accountability.
- Working with the management team to ensure full utilisation of machines, resources and the capacity available to meet workloads.
- Ensure the procurement of materials and external resources required to execute work plans and projects are effective and efficient.
- Accurate monitoring of company and group KPI objectives to facilitate the capturing of work history for critical path analysis.
- Prepare performance reports that quantify statistical trends to facilitate credible analysis of data.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of practices/ procedures / productivity and QHSE.
- Commercial responsibility for all engineering development, machinery, customer relations, revenue streams, CAPEX approvals, cash flow, production hours, resources and monthly operational reports.
- To establish clear operational goals and objectives in line with the strategic and operational plans.
- To review the operational measurable via the introduction and control of effective management tracking systems and to follow-up through established reviews.
- Ensure the continued development of the product lines to take advantage of all available technological improvements so that the company retains and develops its reputation for advanced, high quality products which meet customer specifications.
- Continually review efficiency and productivity throughout the site and ensure the development and implementation of programmes to reduce manufacturing costs.
- Ensure industrial relations and HR issues within the production environment are resolved in a fair and equitable manner to promote harmonious industrial relations and a co-operative workforce.
- Recruit, develop and motivate the team and review organisational arrangements to ensure that the long and short term operating requirements are capable of being successfully achieved. To ensure there are local training and development plans prepared for the team to build a multi-skilled and current workforce.
- Work in partnership with the Health and Safety and Facilities Managers to ensure that the Company complies with legislation and promotes a safe working environment.
- To ensure appropriate corrective and preventative action data is incorporated into the management review process to assist in the setting of continuous improvement objectives and priorities.
- Ensuring all departmental managers and supervisors manage their resources and proactively plan recruitment needs.
- Motivate personnel to ensure adequate training is provided and that a culture of openness, empowerment, continuous improvement and customer focus is adopted and developed.
- Build and develop strong relationships with customers and peers both locally and within the support structures in the UK and wider Group.
- High level of understanding of the commercial aspects of the business, ensuring that individual contracts are profitable and that relationships with customers are strengthened.
- Ensure that effective communications to other parts of the company are maintained and that all management information is presented in a timely and efficient way.
- Carry out appraisals and performance reviews with direct reports. Set objectives and review and measure performance.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Leadership skills and people management.
- A hands-on approach and willing to take ownership of problems and solutions focused.
- A track record of providing commercially focused, professional and pragmatic advice and decisions.
- A proven senior manager from a customer focused, lean manufacturing environment.
- In depth knowledge of reciprocating pumps is desirable, alternatively a solid engineering back ground with the desire and ability to quickly learn on the job.
- Experience of planning/scheduling within an international sub contract engineering environment.
- Broad knowledge of engineering machinery types and manufacturing techniques.
- Excellent time management skills and a proactive approach.
- A full understanding of work breakdown structures, critical path analysis and task sequencing techniques.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent PC skills including Excel, Word and Outlook.
If you have the drive, enthusiasm and skills we’re looking for, please get in touch. You can apply for this position by sending your CV, your salary expectations and any other additional information by email to email@example.com.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice. http://www.procladgroup.com/recruitment-privacy-notice
The company will not sponsor any applicant for a UK Tier II visa for this role. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you will not be considered for this role.