You are here
Head of Projects
Reporting to: UK Managing Director
Hours of Work: Full-time/Permanent
Outline of Role
As Head of Projects, you will be responsible for the effective management of the Projects department and Procurement Department, striving to ensure that the projects team provide excellent customer service and proactive management including timely project reporting and facilitating on-time delivery of projects from project execution through to project closure.
A key aspect of the role will require the Head of Projects to commercially support the Projects Team and act as a facilitator during customer escalations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Head of Project role is to lead a Projects Dept. from engagement to completion and be accountable for all aspects of the delivery. The role is responsible for ensuring all activities are planned and executed to the highest standard. Working with the Project Managers to ensure:
· Ensuring a clean and efficient handover from Estimating to Projects as part of the in-house contract review process.
· Timely projects start dates through the facilitation of cross functional teamwork to deliver the pre-production deliverables.
· The delivery of Projects to the agreed timescales and quality requirements.
· Close working with the planning team to build delivery programmes and monitor progress.
· The project management of principal sub contracts.
· Ensuring Project Managers provide clear instructions to the operations through validation of the engineering masters and preparation of the S/floor Job Instructions within the ERP system.
· Commercially managing project risk and opportunities including proactive change management.
· Chairing and reporting of monthly Project Status Reviews on key projects covering, financial performance to estimate and reporting on commercial and financial risk and opportunity.
· Ensuring Project Managers deliver on time regular progress reports for their client.
· Project engineers act as the prime client contact, manage the interface and responses on all client communication including technical queries, driving customer satisfaction improvements.
· Work closely with sales and technical teams to improve pre-production activities; contract review/handover, material availability, ITP’s, weld procedures, JIS, accurate master routing
· Continuous development of processes and reporting tools used by the Projects Dept.
· Ensuring delivery of agreed department objectives.
· Performance appraisal of staff including setting clear objectives and expectations.
· Ensuring that the Projects Department are resourced appropriately to deliver the projects awarded to the company at all times.
· Additionally, the Head of Projects role will manage the Procurement & Contracts Manager, ensuring that the supply chain is robustly delivering to support project execution and that procurement are delivering the value to the projects through effective financial procurement.
· Minimum of 5-year managerial experience
· Previous hands-on experience of project management
· Prince Certified or equivalent
· Excellent written and presentational skills
· Excellent numerical and communication skills
· Excellent IT skills (incl. Power Point and Excel)
· Excellent time management and organisational skills
· Strong personality, highly assertive and commercially astute
· Excellent problem-solving skills with positive outlook
· Good team player
· University degree
· Engineering background
· ERP experience
· Experience of the Oil & Gas industry and\or Ministry of Defence Industry.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter describing how you feel you meet the requirements detailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
This role does not meet the minimum requirement for the sponsorship of any applicant for a UK Tier II visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you will not be considered for this role.
This is a direct applicant role; Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this position.