You are here
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Division: Proclad Induction Bending & Proclad Heat Treatment
Hours of Work: Full-time: Mon to Thurs 8am-4.30pm, Fri 8am–1pm (some flexibility will be required)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join our team based at our Glenrothes site. The role demands accuracy, diligence, resilience and would suit a self-motivated individual.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (not restricted to)
- Support the control, maintenance and upgrade of the quality management system ISO 9001:2015 for our Proclad Induction Bending and Proclad Heat treatment businesses.
- Review and interpret client’s orders, specifications and relevant national standards and generate project specific Inspection Test Plans and Quality plans.
- Provide full quality and technical appraisals at bid and contract review meetings followed by lessons learned at project closure
- Assume responsibility for calibration and maintenance of select equipment.
- Represent the company as a quality lead (both internally and externally with clients).
- Facilitate meetings, non-conformance reviews using RCCA tools, toolbox talks.
- Identify and document quality issues and conduct root cause analysis to identify appropriate solutions.
- Review and approve all chemical, corrosion and mechanical test results against specification requirements
- Compile statistical data to support the monitoring of process performance and continuous improvement.
- Review of qualification and product documentation packages in accordance with client requirements.
- Coordinate activities and reports between the QC & QA departments.
- Liaise with the customer throughout the duration of the contract and post-delivery.
- Assist in keeping training records and matrices accurate and up to date.
- Provide technical help and advice within Proclad Group companies.
- Work in collaboration with other departments to ensure the business objectives are achieved.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure company compliance with agreed procedures at all times.
Education/Experience - The ideal candidate will possess:
- A recognized qualification in a quality related subject.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- A knowledge of quality standards is required.
- Trained ISO9001:2015 internal auditor.
- Knowledge of processes and procedures for inspection and certification.
- Experience with Q-Pulse would be an advantage.
- The ability to work on your own initiative, emotionally resilient, results driven, persuasive and solutions focused.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you wish to apply for this position or know someone who would, please send your CV and any other additional information to HR via email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of your application, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
The company will not support the sponsorship of any applicant for a UK Tier II visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you should not apply for this role.
This is a direct applicant role, Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this role.