Stamp and De-burrer
Job Title: Stamp and De-burrer
Division: FTV Proclad International Limited
Hours of Work: Full-time, including potential for shift work
Salary & Benefits: £Competitive + excellent benefits package
We have an exciting opportunity for a Stamp and De-burrer to join our team at our Glenrothes facility and learn new skills and experience whilst enhancing those already attained. The role demands accuracy, diligence, resilience and would suit a self-motivated individual.
FTV Proclad International Limited is a worldwide market and technological leader in the protective weld cladding of pipeline components.
Due to current success in securing orders we are currently looking to recruit a Stamp and De-burrer to join our team at our Glenrothes facility. A market competitive wage will be offered depending on experience. Benefits of employment include 33 days holiday per year on a pro-rata basis (including public holidays), an employer pension contribution of 5% of salary and life assurance. Where shifts are required to be worked, a shift premium will be paid.
Outline of Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will need to be able to plan, develop and implement production department policies and goals in line with company business plan and group objectives. A competitive wage will be paid. To assist in the production of components to customer specifications, an individual will need to:
- Ensure best working practices are employed
- Adhere to all EHS practices
- Contribute to continuously improve productivity & efficiency.
- Removal of all burr,s & sharp edges on components.
- Polishing finished components to achieve drawing surface finishes.
- Wipe threads to full form thread.
- Dress components to acceptable finish ensuring no damage to components.
- Movement of components on shop floor in a safe manner
- Ensure components are correctly identified and that traceability is maintained throughout the entire process.
- Ensure all product is correct to specification and work is carried out in an efficient and effective manner as per company procedures.
- Ensure your work area is maintained clean and organised.
- Assist with stores packing when required.
- Ad hoc duties when required.
Required Skills and Experience
A successful candidate shall need to be able to demonstrate that they have the skills and experience to be:
- Ability to read Engineering drawings for surface finishes, marking and thread wiping.
- Proficient in the use of hand held tools.
- Proficient in the use of overhead crane & pallet trucks.
- Good process and product knowledge.
- Able to adapt to different situations which may require flexibility on working hours.
- Able to be proactive, problem solve and coordinate the flow of components through the department efficiently and effectively.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ensure departmental policies on Health and Safety and Tooling are being adhered to.
- Promote company values at all times.
- To ensure that customer requirements are being met.
- If you wish to apply for this position or know someone who would, please send your CV and any other additional information to HR via email to email@example.com .
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of your application, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
The company will not support the sponsorship of any applicant for a UK Tier II visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you should not apply for this role.
This is a direct applicant role, Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this role.