Job Title Welding Engineer
Company FTV Proclad UK
Hours of work Monday to Thursday 8am - 4.30pm, Friday 8am - 1pm
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced welding engineer to join our engineering team for an initial 6 month period within the UK business. The role would suit someone with excellent communication skills, who is a well-organized with an eye for detail.
FTV Proclad International Limited is a worldwide market and technological leader in the protective weld cladding of pipeline components.
A market competitive wage will be offered depending on experience/qualifications. Benefits of employment include 33 days holiday per year on a pro-rata basis (including public holidays), an employer pension contribution of 5% of salary and life insurance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities;
- Performing and documenting reviews of project technical specifications, drawings, purchase orders and national standards to validate compliance at quotation stage
- Liaising directly with the client and internal departments with regard to weld engineering requirements.
- Providing technical support to the sales team with internal and external customer visits
- Ensuring that all allocated work scopes are fully compliant with the ISO 3834-2 standard and represent Proclad UK as part of a team of responsible welding coordinators (RWC).
- Supporting weld quality review forums, aimed at reducing any weld related rework. Responsibilities will include the creation of welding performance related dispositions, identifying any corrective actions and preventative measures for any weld quality issues that may arise
- Assisting with the development of new and existing equipment
- Reviewing welding related suppliers to ensure suitability to provide the required services
- Supporting the continuous development and improvement of welding related procedures and policies that will enhance business practices.
- Performing the listed weld engineering functions, as required;
- Translating drawings and design requirements into weld requirements and developing the method of qualification in-line with the relevant codes and standards.
- Preparing / reviewing all documents required for production welding ensuring that all the areas of the contract are addressed and recorded.
- Detailing all post weld heat treatment requirements to production and reviewing documentation on completion of heat treatment.
- Development, qualification and application of welding procedures. Preparing/reviewing all welding procedures and weld procedure qualifications to ensure their suitability for the required contract (relevant national/international standards and client specification).
- Qualification and renewing of welder performance qualifications. Ensuring all welders/welding operators are qualified to perform the production work required. Ensuring welders and weld operators qualifications are maintained.
- Controlling chemical, corrosion and mechanical testing, assessing test results in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Approving and controlling of all welding consumables. Identifying compatibility of welding consumables for all welding activities and detail any delivery, storage and handling requirements as per the manufacturers’ instructions.
- Reviewing the suitability of welding equipment for the scope of work required and providing an input for necessary maintenance and calibration of welding equipment.
Essential Skills & Experience;
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate their knowledge, skills and experience in a similar role working to ISO3834-2.
- Minimum of IWT / EWT qualification
- Excellent knowledge and experience of GTAW, SMAW, GMAW, FCAW & SAW welding processes.
- Excellent knowledge of mechanized welding equipment, in particular cladding & butt welding using GTAW and GMAW welding processes.
- Knowledge of welding qualification standards, including EN/ISO, ASME, DNV & AWS.
- Proficient with Microsoft outlook, word, and excel packages.
Desirable Skills & Experience;
One of the following qualifications would be desirable;
- European Welding Engineer (EWE)
- MSc in Welding Engineering
- Metallurgy Degree or equivalent
- Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Member of a professional institution
- Previous experience in the Oil & Gas sector is desirable but not essential.
- Working knowledge of Q-Pulse
If you wish to apply for this position, or know someone who would, please send your CV and a covering letter and any additional information to HR either by post to FTV Proclad International Ltd, Viewfield Industrial Estate, Glenrothes, Fife, KY6 2RD, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for this vacancy is 2nd July 2021. This is a direct applicant role; Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this position.
Please specify salary expectations with your application. CV’s will not be progressed for review without this.