You are here
Job Title: Design Engineer
Division: Dawson Downie Lamont
Hours of Work: Full-time
Salary & Benefits: £Competitive + excellent benefits package
Dawson Downie Lamont design and manufacture Reciprocating Pumps in accordance with API 674 and the Hydraulic Institute Standard for the oil & gas, petrochemical and marine industries worldwide.
The company itself is over 120 years old and are also one of only a few companies worldwide that specialise in the manufacture of Direct Acting Steam / Gas Driven Reciprocating Pumps. We’re very proud of who we are and our reputation worldwide and looking for someone dynamic who can continue to grow the business and the support, motivate, and manage the people who make it a success.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer to join the current Dawson Downie Lamont Design / Engineering team as part of the FTV Proclad UK Group of companies.
The focus of the roll will be to apply a technical knowledge to the Engineering and Design of our present and future Reciprocating Pump portfolio.
Reporting to the Sales & Engineering Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of Engineering / Design, Manufacture, Assembly & Test requirements for the range of DDL Products & services.
Working within the agreed design brief / specifications (Blue Folder – Scope of Work).
Producing all Engineering / Design / Material specification related documents including Detail drawings, Bills of Materials, Product Manuals, Sales / After Sales Schematics, Visual Engineering Masters, Visual Part Maintenance, Part ID to Visual Customer Order.
Producing Product Animations as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Engineering/Design/Material specification of new & existing products, in-line with Company Procedures & Control Systems.
- Dealing with all aspects of enquiries, from both Sales & Production personnel.
- Working to outline design requirements & delivery dates from DDL Output Schedule.
- Be able to finalise requirements from outline concept through to final detail design drawings & issue from Visual System to Production.
- Prepare Sales Department Schematics/Animations for Customer enquiries and for Sales and Marketing requirements.
- Develop personal skill levels to assist, design, production & assembly staff in the efficient manufacture, assembly & testing of DDL Products.
- Being proficient in the use of operating CAD system and CAD management system.
- Being proficient in the use of Visual Manufacturing software & procedures.
- To contribute/assist with detail and overall costing of existing and future product portfolio.
- To design/specify shop fixturing/tooling/procedures/manuals as applied to DD product.
To delivery services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed, and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above.
Ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge “Creo” CAD software and family tables or equivalent.
Knowledge of “Windchill” is an advantage.
Experience in producing detailed Engineering drawings for manufacture and an understanding of Geometric Tolerancing and Dimensioning.
Experience is producing high quality Renders and Animations in “Key Shot” or similar.
Ability to produce professional Technical and Sales / After Sales documentation.
A sound working knowledge of material/material application and specification and of metal cutting technology would be of advantage with particular emphasis on small to medium sized product-based Engineering utilising cast irons, cast steels, steels and metallic bearing materials.
Proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
Forward thinking and practical you will be skilled in building strong working partnerships both internally and externally with the ability to oversee projects to a conclusion.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, ideally qualified to HND level with a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar discipline.
You will also be required to be involved in FTV Proclad UK Group based Product Design / Engineering tasks as requirements arise.
If you have the drive, enthusiasm, and skills we’re looking for, please get in touch. You can apply for this position by sending your CV, your salary expectations, and any other additional information by email to email@example.com.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice. http://www.procladgroup.com/recruitment-privacy-notice
The company will not sponsor any applicant for a UK Tier II Visa for this role. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you will not be considered for this role.