You are here
Job Title: Maintenance Electrician
Division: FTV Proclad International
Hours of Work: Full-time: Shift Work required - 37 hours over 4 days, Monday to Thursday. 1 week day shift, 1 week night shift.
Salary: £Competitive and excellent benefits. Overtime avaliable as required.
FTV Proclad International is a key player in the supply chain to the Oil and Gas, Defence and Renewable sectors industry and rapidly expanding into other mainstream Industry sector.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Electrician to join our friendly maintenance and facilities team on a full time basis.
Main Purpose of Post
Based in Glenrothes, the candidate will support the production team to ensure the machinery and equipment is kept in safe working order. As part of the group maintenance team, you will be required to travel to other Proclad sites within the Glenrothes area. A market competitive wage will be offered depending on experience. Benefits of employment include 33 days holiday per year based on a 5 day working week and 27 days based on a 4 day/night shift patter (including public holidays), an employer pension contribution of 5% of salary and life assurance. Please note that it is a requirement that you will be required to work shifts on a rotational basis of 4 days and 4 nights.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to maintenance requests through the Pirana system in a timely manner.
- Use general fault-finding knowledge and experience to repair machinery.
- Close out maintenance tasks within the system as completed.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and maintain a safe working environment.
- Perform PPM work according to schedule and ensure production downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Liaise with production re access to required equipment.
- Install and assist with commissioning of new machinery and equipment as required.
- Continuously look to improve processes and procedures.
- Other Ad hoc duties as the business dictates.
Education and / or Experience
- It is preferred that successful applicants have had previous experience in the above role.
- Must be minimum 17th Edition qualified, however 18th Edition preferred.
- Good Fault-Finding Skills with Knowledge of Manual Machine Tools CNC and Automated welding equipment.
- Must be able to read electrical drawings / schematics.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics would be an advantage.
- Good Verbal Communication.
- Have experience in Shire System Pirana.
- Have experience in all Microsoft packages.
- Must be health and safety aware.
- Self-motivated, well balanced, and well organised.
- Team Player to assist with work in other disciplines.
- Experience of periodic testing and inspection preferred.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter describing how you feel you meet the requirements detailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
This role does not meet the minimum requirement for the sponsorship of any applicant for a UK visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you will not be considered for this role.
This is a direct applicant role; Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this position.