You are here
UK Quality, Health and Safety Manager
Job Title: UK Quality, Health and Safety Manager
Division: Proclad (UK) Group
Hours of Work: Full-time: Monday to Thursday 8am-4.30pm, Friday 8am–1pm (some flexibility required)
Salary & Benefits: £DOE - Please state salary expectation when applying – excellent benefits package.
FTV Proclad UK Group are a successful group of UK companies operating in the Oil & Gas, Defence and Renewables sector. The Group are currently enjoying a significant growth spell following new project awards.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety Manager who also has a background in quality to join our team. A full driving licence is essential as the role involves frequent travel to our sites within the Glenrothes. The role demands accuracy, diligence, resilience and would suit a self-motivated individual.
Outline of Roles & Responsibilities
As UK Quality, Health and Safety Manager you will report to the Managing Director, managing and promoting excellent health and safety practices and will also work alongside the UK Group Quality Manager across all 3 sites UK sites.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (not restricted to)
- Communicating and promoting a positive health and safety ethos and culture
- Managing the H&S function across the UK Group Companies, including supervision of staff to ensure delivery of objectives.
- Undertake workplace inspections.
- Carry out and review Fire Risk and Risk Assessments
- Ensure compliance with relevant environmental regulations which cover, for example, our waste management systems, COSHH compliance and Legionella testing and that our legal obligations are adequately covered.
- Prepare Health & Safety procedural documentation and lead their rollout.
- Investigate accidents, incidents, and near misses, implement corrective actions and record reports.
- Perform root cause analysis for incident/accident and near miss investigations.
- Take ownership for continuous improvement of Safety Management Systems
- Perform regular audits and monitoring workplace and fire safety performance.
- Develop and deliver in-house Training sessions and source external training requirements.
- Keep training records and training matrices accurate and up to date.
- Ensuring COSHH compliance is maintained through carrying out COSHH risk assessments and helping to maintain the list of chemical safety data sheets.
- Assessing staff requirements for wearing Personal Protective Equipment
- Manage and co-ordinate all emergency and fire evacuation tests and procedures.
- Work with the HR Department on Occupational Health matters
- Deliver an HSE Strategy which meets the ongoing needs of the business.
- Managing and maintaining all elements of HSE
- Planning and carrying out site safety audits/inspections and updating systems with information promptly
- Providing advisory support to operations teams with regards to HSE issues
- Managing and delivering safety inductions for visitors and new employees, carrying out all aspects of administration in line with the preparation of documents
- Working with site operatives to improve site safety.
- Ensuring that safety issues are addressed and communicated to relevant stakeholders.
- Keep up to date with HSE Legislation and any developments that affect the employer’s industry, updating HSE documents as required.
- All aspects of administration are required within the role.
- Management and development of staff
- Continuous development of H&S and environment procedures
- Delivery of Toolbox talks, and Quality presentations.
- Championing Quality across the UK Group promoting continuous improvement.
- Carrying out thorough investigations and quality RCCA across the three sites.
- Trending Quality RCCA and reducing cost of quality.
- Analysis of NCR Data to identify trends.
- Internal process auditing \ RCCA audit follow-ups.
- Supporting process improvement initiatives across the three sites.
- Supporting the development of the Q-Pulse systems.
- Supporting quality audits for clients and external accreditation bodies (ISO\API\F4N) as and when required
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Hold appropriate professional qualifications including NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
- IOSH Member
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience of developing and presenting effective training courses
- Experience of internal auditing
- Possess strong negotiating, relationship building and influencing skills.
- Have a hands-on approach and willing to take ownership of problems and solutions focused.
- A track record of providing commercially focused, professional, and pragmatic advice.
- Previous experience in an engineering environment
- An in-depth understanding of essential/relevant UK H&S Legislation
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent PC skills including Excel, Work and Outlook
- Experience in ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001
- Experience of Q-Pulse system
This is a role where you will be expected to identify opportunities for improvements and have an input into how additional demands placed on the H&S Department can be incorporated efficiently and effectively.
To apply: Please send your CV and covering letter including your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org – Closing Date: 12th June 2023. This is a direct applicant role; Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this position.