Location: FTV PIL, Glenrothes, UK
Job Title: Project Manager
Reporting to: Project Engineering Manager
Division: FTV Proclad International Ltd
Hours of Work: Full-time/Permanent
Salary & Benefits: £DOE - Please state salary expectation when applying
Are you ready for an exciting and challenging opportunity? We’re looking for someone who is able to work to support the business strategy and ready to roll up their sleeves and get the job done as required.
The role would suit a self-motivated, solutions focused, target driven and resilient individual.
Outline of Role
As Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the effective management of Projects from handover to delivery through the Project Life Cycle
Focus will be on achieving on time delivery of a quality product within budget and delivering customer satisfaction through the facilitation of cross functional teamwork and applied continuous improvement activities.
Remuneration and Benefits
A market competitive wage will be offered depending on experience. The benefits of employment include to 33 days holiday per year on a pro-rata basis (including public holidays), an employer pension contribution of 5% of salary, discounted membership of public gyms within the Fife area and Life Assurance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Manager role is to lead their projects from engagement to completion and be accountable for all aspects of the delivery. The role is responsible for ensuring all activities are planned and executed to the highest standard. Working with the cross functional teams.
Responsibilities will include the below but this is not an exhaustive list.
- Timely project start dates through the facilitation of cross functional team work to deliver the pre-production deliverables.
- The delivery of Projects to the agreed timescales, quality requirements and budgets.
- Close working with the planning team to build delivery programmes and monitor progress.
- The project management of principal sub contracts.
- The validation of the engineering masters and prepare the Job Instructions within the ERP system.
- The preparation of regular progress reports for the client.
- Project Managers act as the prime client contact, manage the interface and responses on all client communication including technical queries, driving customer satisfaction improvements.
- Delivery of the projects within budgeted costs, presenting projected margins at management monthly reviews and ensuring scope variations and risk exposure are captured and commercially managed.
- Work closely with the sales and technical teams to improve pre-production activities; contract review/handover, material availability, ITP’s, weld procedures, JIS, accurate master routing.
Desired Experience and Personal Qualities
- Experience in Projects and / or Program Management (preferably Oil & Gas background).
- Experience within a customer focused organisation delivering continuous improvement.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and influencing skills.
- Self-motivated and innovative.
- High level of organisational and planning skills.
- Meets personal commitments.
- Team worker.
Education and Training
- Qualification in Project Management preferred.
- Educated to degree level with engineering or relevant experience is desirable but not essential.
- Skilled user of MS Office.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter describing how you feel you meet the requirements detailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able to contact every applicant to advise that they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within four weeks of your application, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Your data within your CV will be dealt with in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
The company will not sponsor any applicant for a UK Tier II visa for this role. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, you will not be considered for this role.
This is a direct applicant role; Recruitment Agencies need not contact us regarding this position.